Thanks so much for all the kind comments on my last post!  Just to update you, I have finished the quilt top and hope to be working on the back this weekend.  The lovely ladies at my local MQG helped my decide on a backing color and are encouraging me to do concentric circles for my quilting lines. Hhmmm…  I love those circles of course, and I think they would probably be great for this very linear quilt.  However, I’m just not sure…. too much concentric circle quilting from bloomingpoppies? I mean does that just get a big, fat yawn?   I’ll give it some thought during basting and get back to you.  Any thoughts are greatly appreciated as always…. 🙂

Anyway, last week, I was finally able to convince  Mr J., to hang this hardware we got at Ikea many months ago.  My hope is that it will be a nice way to photograph/display some of my smaller wall hanging quilts.

Dreamcatcher Quilt on new wallhanging system

Unfortunately, since we are renting our home right now, I have to live with the uuuhh, not so desireable color on the walls.  It doesn’t make for the best photos but it will have to do for now.

Wall hanging system finally installed

I suppose it’s not fair to blame it all on the walls; my hope is to improve my photography skills this year…. as well as to buy a home where we can paint the walls. Anyway, I really like the look of this wall hanging system.  It’s light clean and modern….. and I don’t have to bother adding a sleeve to the back for hanging, yes I’m a bit lazy that way!!

trying out a new block

So in addition to finishing my Oakshott Untitlted quilt top, I also began working on some fun blocks with my new Superbuzzy fabric finds from a couple of weeks ago .  I’m not so sure about this particular color combo yet, it’s definitely still a work in progress, really just a concept at this point.  We’ll see what develops.   I’ll likely be taking out a solid and the gray/white stripe print,  and possibly adding in some more solid shades…. not sure yet.  I think I will like them better with a larger amount and the full layout.  But I’m enjoying the figuring it out part!

spiderweb block #3 completed

And lastly this week, I was able to complete just one more spiderweb block for the ongoing unkown project I have been slowing plodding my way through.  Not sure why but just one of these blocks at a time is about my limit!  No it’s not your eyes, the photo is a bit blurry.  So I guess that is my week in review.  I hope to have some good progress to show on Miss A’s bed quilt and my attempt at handquilting, by next week.

Happy weekend to all!

~~~karen