Thank you so much for all the kind comments on my last finish. I’m happy to have another completed quilt to show you!!

I’ve been quite busy here in the first two weeks of our Summer break!  We did manage to get away for a fun little trip to our local Natural History Museum, which I’ll do a little post about this weekend maybe; we experienced some serious butterfly beauty!! Sorry, I digress…….

Anyway, this quilt began as usual, with a color combination in mind!  I was just playing around with some of my favorite Kona solid scraps and some leftover pezzy print, and the first little square was born.  I have been invited to my lovely neighboring community of Ventura for the Ventura Modern Quilt Guild meeting in July.  They were nice enough to let me choose the block challenge for the month and this block seemed like the perfect choice.  They put together a fun little project in honor of Quilt Con,  based on this block.  I’m so excited to see what the members come up with!

As you may know, if you’ve been reading here for long, I love a lot of negative space in my quilts(generally speaking).  This one is perhaps the most minimal of all my quilts so far. I surrounded each little cluster of color with more Kona Snow, to create 12.5 inch blocks.  I then added 2 or 3{?} inch strips between all of them and a 2 inch border around the entire quilt to create a square of about 43 inches.

I love the idea of circles on a square shape so I decided to go for circles of differing widths.

I chose three different widths and randomly used those going out from the center.

In order to stay with the very minimal look of this quilt, I chose to keep the binding the same color as the quilt, except couldn’t resist adding in that little splash of yellow.  I just love a good color “pop”!!

I knew this quilt was going to be a wall hanging so I tried something new and added corner pockets, then realized that this quilt is too big {duh} and would also need a middle pocket.

  It was nice to get a little handstitching in for the sleeve.  Please excuse the messy sewing room, I tried to blur it out but it didn’t help much!

The finishing touch was my blooming poppies designs label, which I purchased here, for those who have asked from an earlier post.

I managed to get it on the wall after a good wash and dry.  I’m happy with this quilt!! Hope you like it too……

I’m linking this post up today with Canoe Ridge Creations {sew}Modern Monday….. lots of fun, modern projects to check out over there.

~~~karen